Search This Blog

Loading...

Monday, October 10, 2011

Integrated Celtic Recon

 So I know I haven't been blogging regularly lately and there are several reasons for that; one of them I'm proud to announce today. I have been working with several friends on a new forum based community and study program called Integrated Celtic Reconstructionists; it is based on the idea of bringing different Celtic recons together with a larger sense of community and on providing a guided self study program that people seeking training can use. My own part in all this has been very small but I am extremely proud of what has been accomplished and I can't wait to see where this goes. I think the study course is well designed (my own portion is the divination and magic section) and I hope that the forum will allow CR's to come together and discuss in a constructive way.
 To quote  from the group's home page:
"Who Are We?
We are a diverse group of seekers who study and practice the various forms of Celtic Reconstructionism. 

Our Goal (or Mission Statement):
As individuals we realize that our focus doesn't always fit with the standards of the Neo-pagan community. We've come together with our individual strengths to create an alliance with others like ourselves regardless of outside group affiliations to provide a core course to begin or further education within the CR community as well as to meet and socialize with those of like mind and focus."
 The site can be found at http://icr.webs.com/ 

I know how much work went into this by the two people who were the driving force behind it - Maya and Blackbird - and I can't thank you both enough for making this possible. It is a wonderful thing to give the community, a great resource for people in a very do-it-yourself faith system.
  May this be a great beginning to a great community based resource!

1 comment:

  1. This is really interesting. For years I was involved with the Norse Recon community and though I'm not active in it I understand the parts about not always fitting with the standard Neo-Pagan community. I'm interested to see how another Recon group works with trying to connect it's multitude of people. I'll definitely take a look.

    ReplyDelete