Search This Blog

Friday, December 23, 2011

New Year's incense

I was at a public Yule ritual last night which was a lot of fun. One of my contributions was an incense blend desinged for cleansing, based on traditional ideas related to this time of year. It worked out pretty well so I decided to share the recipe here.
 In a mortar and pestle mix equal parts: vervain, rosemary, lavendar, juniper, and white sage.
 Add a double portion of rose petals.
 Add cedar essential oil and hyssop oil until dry material is thoroughly mixed and moist.
 It's sort a modern take on some old ideas related to cleansing, and it ended up smelling very nice so I think I will use it every Yule.

1 comment:

  1. I'm lookinng forward to the time in my studies that I can start working with herbs and oils. I have been studying the Pagan path only a little over two months.

    ReplyDelete