Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Invocations, part 2

 Continuing with invocations...

Invocation to an Dagda
Red God of Great Knowledge
Horse Lord Allfather
God who is good at all things
an Dagda, I call to you

Invocation to Aine
Queen of the sidhe of Cnoc Aine
Red mare who circles the lake
Lady of Midsummer bonfires
of straw torches and burning wisps
Aine of the harvest
Aine of the summer sun
Aine of the hill
I call to you

Invocation to Grian
Queen of the sidhe of Cnoc Greine
Sister of Aine, daughter of Yew
Lady of the winter solstice
of cold, pale light shining on snow
Grian of the cold winds
Grian of the winter sun
Grian of the hill
I call to you

Invocation to Manannan
Manannan son of Lir
Whose horses are the breaking waves
Whose cattle are the innumerable fish
Whose fertile plains are the ocean waters
Manannan of the cloak
Manannan of the feast of youth
Manannan of the wise counsel
Son of the sea, Lord of the strand
I call to you

Invocation to Goibniu
Goibniu, mightiest of smiths
Bearer of the gift of immortality
Goibniu, God of great skill
Remover of thorns
Goibniu, forger of fierce blades
I call to you

Invocation to Brighid (the poet)
Noble Lady of inspiration
Blessed Brighid of the poets
Inspiring Lady
I call to you

Invocation of Brighid (of the Forge)
Blessed Brighid of the forge
Creator, transformer,
Who shapes raw material
Into form and function
I call to you

Invocation to Brighid (the healer)
Brighid of the healing well,
Brighid of the healing cloak
Brighid of the healing word
I call to you

No comments:

Post a Comment