Search This Blog

Friday, October 3, 2014

Samhain Poem to the Morrigan

I dreamt last night of honoring the Morrigan at Samhain. In the dream I chanted the following, as if it were a song or sacred prayer:
"Great Queen, Lady of Phantoms
Giver of hard victory
who deals out both good and bad
terror, death, madness, battle, war,
soveriengty, glory, success,
Bloody blade and screaming crow
strong shield and swift cutting sword
see us through whatever comes
through cold and snow and hunger
'til summer's sun shines again"

5 comments:

  1. I enjoy your poems and hymns so much. Would you allow me, again, to translate your text into French for my fellows ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here it is : http://lantredemorrigan.wordpress.com/2014/10/15/poeme-de-samhain/

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful poem. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete